Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Projects! Projects! and everything else in between

It's been a long time since my last post here and a lot of things happened.To make up for lost time, I shall give a quick run down of what I went through in the last few weeks.


My first evening bag project

First of all, we finally concluded our Bag Making 1 and for our last two projects we created a drawstring bag and an evening bag.


Over-sized drawstring bag 

I don't know about you but my drawstring bag kinda reminds me of Heidi Klum's button bag in Project Runway. Don't you agree?


If you watch Project Runway the you'll recognize this for sure

By the way I also resigned from my day job to focus on my studies. Here's what I wore on my last day at work.


Shirt: Mango, Jeans: Levi's
Cardigan: Lanvin

Basically I am simply living off of my savings so I am eliminating several unnecessary expenses... but this vintage Dior is too good of a deal to ignore.


Dior during Galliano's reign.
Really worth every penny.


I also learned how how to a pattern for tank tops from our Menswear class. So as a very eager student, I decided to manipulate the pattern a little and created my version of a tank top using a very lightweight fabric. I just want to make something that I can wear or what I consider as real size. This is also the first dress that I have ever sewn.


I used this printed fabric as the base and a pink version
of this print as the cuttings.
Click on the image to see the details


After the tank top, I tried to create some bags even after our class ended. I made a small bag as a Christmas ornament for our school's Christmas tree. It took me 2 nights doing the embellishments on this project and I am quite satisfied with the results.


Embellished Tear Drop Bag.

As I was rummaging through my supplies, I saw a small piece of fabric. Instead of throwing it away, I decided to play with the evening bag pattern and just have some fun with it. Here's the result of that experiment.


Origami Evening Bag
Size: 8x5 inches


And finally last night I got bored and I just wanted to play around with some fabric. So I made a dress! Something that I am wearing today at school.





So those are the things that I was able to finish when I was not posting any new entries. I'm proud to say that I made two pieces of clothing pre-Sewing class just to diagnostic test for myself. I'm so excited creating more things in the future. Don't worry I will do a weekly post from here on.

I hope you will keep on reading my posts. Until next time loves!

Au revoir for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment