Friday, December 14, 2012

My Million Peso Money Drop Look


Last Friday, I received a call from a coordinator of The Million Peso MoneyDrop. They informed me and my bff, Eljay Deldoc, that we are one of the chosen teams to play the game on tv. It’s going to be my first time to join a game show so I want to make a dress not only to make an impression but to also introduce myself as a fashion design student to the public.


If you read my blog before, you already know that earlier this year I already had my 15 minutes of fame all because of what I wore at theLady Gaga concert.


                                                                  

This time, I want to wear something more comfortable yet fashionable. After all, we are talking about winning a million peso here so I better wear something comfortable while playing.

                                                                       


After finalizing my design, I realized that I still don’t know how to create its pattern simply because it requires some lessons from Advance Pattern Making and Haute Couture Techniques. Truth be told, I am still studying Basic Pattern Making and Basic Sewing so I needed to seek the help of my talented friends to make this dream project a reality.




First I asked my friend, Joy Chicano, to guide me as I try to create the pattern of the dress. Not only is he the teacher of Advance Pattern Making, he is also the Designer of the Year of their batch. What more can I ask for?





After cutting the fabric and sewing some the main parts together, I can’t help but ask for another friend’s guidance. This time I needed James Imperial’s sewing prowess.



Like Joy, James is also a faculty of FIP Makati. He is teaching Basic Fashion Design and he is an amazing sewer with impeccable attention to detail.
                                                




After I complete the basic parts of the jumpsuit, I tried to sew a sleeve but I failed miserably. This is partly because of time pressure and missing a few fraction of an inch on my arm measurement. James suggested that I can still add a different type of sleeve if I want to experiment a little bit on my design. I really want to be covered up so I immediately jumped on board.




Since the new design element is spontaneous in its conception, we embraced that idea to the point that James sew the dress while I was still wearing it just to keep the momentum going.





After half a day of doing the pattern and half a day sewing the parts together, I am proud to say that my jumpsuit with a cowl neckline is now complete. Originally the cowl should be at the back but since we added some other elements to the mix, I decided that wearing it backside front would be much cooler than the original plan.

I just want to thank Joy and James so much for helping me with this project. I can never complete this in a very short span of time without their talent and kindness.

By the way if you want to see me in this dress, just watch our game on The Million Peso Money Drop this Sunday (12-16-2012) on TV5 at 8:30pm. My next post will be about that experience but I will only post that after that episode aired.

I hope you enjoyed this post loves!

Au revoir for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment