Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gareth Pugh Fall/Winter 2013 Ready To Wear

Hauntingly Romantic. I cannot find any other words to describe Gareth Pugh's Fall/Winter 2013 Collection.




As one would expect, Gareth Pugh offered a lot of severe silhouettes that are always favored by his fans. Aside from the myriad of shapes shown in his collection, I personally love how simple details softened his structured pieces.






His pieces are also so chic. They all look clean and simple yet leaves an unforgettable statement.







For most of the show, one cannot deny the Victorian influence of the collection.












For the first time, there was another color featured in his collection aside from Black, White, and Gray.










As his show near its end, the pieces that are adorned with crafted trash bags came out with a sense of lightness. I am still amazed by how he transformed a cheap material like trash bags and turn them into something classy and extravagant. 






For his finale pieces, which still featured the amazingly crafted trash bags, I can't help but remember the Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 2012 Collection.






Gareth Pugh still remains as one of the designers that I look up to the most. His dark sense of drama was fully realized in this collection. I can still see his aesthetic from his early shows but it has now evolved into a much sophisticated level that is totally opposite from his very underground and campy beginnings.

As for me, I am so excited to watch another fashion show this May. Philippine Fashion Week is just around the corner. Are you excited too? Which shows will you watch? What are you going wear?

Anyways, I gotta go now because I still have my sewing class in just a few hours.

Au revoir for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment