Monday, May 6, 2013

Project Blouse Complete!

What I love most about our school is that I always have this sense of achievement whenever I finish a project. I love that I have a venue where I can unleash my creative prowess even if I am still making basic articles of clothing.


Fabric choice for my Blouse Project


I would've never got this kawaii fabric if Joy never shared his cute discovery with me. Upon seeing it's prints, I immediately decided that I wanted to use it for one of my projects.



Pattern Block and my Fabric Swatch


This was my first time to create a blouse and sew a collar and boy did I gained a lot of respect to those clothes with collar. Putting it together with the bodice is no walk in the park. It requires focus and attention to detail.


The bodice and the sleeves minus the collar.


After sewing the bodice together, I just can't wait to see how it will look like on a real person so I asked our school's admin to see if it will fit her nicely.


FIP Makati's ever so stylish admin, Lette! ^_^


My incomplete blouse looks good together with Lette's ensemble even if it's not yet complete. So after she took it off, I wanted to see how it will look like upon completion.


Project Blouse Complete!

Although I personally prefer the incomplete version of my project because it seemed more hip and trendy, I still decided to keep the blouse as it is. After all, I wanted to complete my requirement and that was how it's supposed to look like.


Viv wearing my finished blouse.


After knowing how to construct a basic blouse, I think I can now design my own version of how I envision a blouse or even a blazer. Anyways, I still have some fabric left over to design another one so it's just a matter of time. Btw here's a sneak peek of what I am doing for my Project 5.


Do you know what this print reminds me of?

So that's all I have for you today. Be sure to always check my blog for my news posts. I will try to create an entry on a daily basis so that there's more for you too read and more for me to discover.

Au revoir for now my loves! 





No comments:

Post a Comment