Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lady Gaga's Fame Eau De Parfum Review

I guess today is my lucky day! A colleague gave me a sampler of Lady Gaga's Fame Eau de Parfum. I've been searching for a place where I can purchase a bottle just to try this very controversial fragrance. Well at least now, I get to try it for free! I guess patience really is my friend. ^_^

My colleague said that when he found one in his luggage, he immediately remembered me and my wooden dress in Lady Gaga's concert. Because of his generosity, I decided to spread the kindness by sharing my two cents about Lady Gaga's much hyped black fragrance.


Lady Gaga Fame Eau de Parfum, 1.7 oz
retails for $55.00 at Sephora


Even before the release of this Black Eau de Parfum from Gaga's own Paris-based Haus Laboratories label, it has already generated a lot of buzz thanks to Mother Monster's statement that she wants a perfume to smell of blood and semen. She further clarified that the perfume will be based on the molecular structure of the two substances and instead of smelling like it's bodily fluid inspiration, the scent will be reminiscent of an "expensive hooker."

Lady Gaga poses naked ala Gulliver's Travels
for Fame's campaign


According to the perfume's packaging, it is the first of its kind because it is an innovation in fluid technology. It is black like the soul of fame but invisible once airborn. It also list the scent's notes as "tears of belladona, crushed heart of tiger orchidea with a black veil of incense, pulverized apricot and the combinative essences of saffron and honey drops."

The bottle is designer by Lady Gaga
and Photgrapher Nick Knight

Lady Gaga Fame is a black substance that becomes clear once sprayed. According to the Coty, a French beauty product manufacturer known for it's designer and celebrity fragrances,  Fame is the first perfume to utilize such technology.


Lady Gaga at the Fame Perfume Launcf on Sept 14, 2012 in New York
Photo by: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America


Now for my two cents, with all the shocking statements and publicity stints that hyped this black perfume, I have to say that I was shocked to find it's scent to be fruity and floral sweet. After all of the talk about semen and blood being the perfume's inspiration, you wouldn't expect a mild floral and summery scent that's very innocent and feminine to permeate out of that dark liquid. I don't know what Gaga's definition of "expensive hooker" is, but for me it was like Fifi Lapin goes on a picnic date with Hello Kitty on a pleasant sunday afternoon, in the meadows full of colorful butterflies.




Even though I expected something shocking and radical as it's campaigns suggests, I still love its scent not only because it's Lady Gaga's fragrance but because I've always been a fan of fruity and citrusy perfumes like Givenchy's Ange ou Demon Le Secret.


Givenchy's Ange ou Demon Le Secret Eau de Parfum 1.7oz
Retails for $77.00 at Sephora

In the end, Fame may not have shocked my olfactory system, which is a good thing for my own sake because I have a very sensitive nose, but I was still astonished by the sweetness that was contained in a very edgy bottle which had a very over the top ad campaign which was ultimately imagined by none other than Mother Monster! ...and with that, I want to describe it as Fragrant Irony.

So that's it for my 1st post for this month and my first perfume review! May October bring wonderful opportunities to all of us!

Au revoir for now my loves! ^_^





1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never thought it'd smell sweet...I have to smell it for myself! I'm a fan of Gaga myself eh.

    ReplyDelete